Joseph A. Ott
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, J.D. (2013)
Moot Court Semi-Finalist Lecturer on First Amendment Law at Graduate and Professional Symposium
CALI Award – Future Achievement – First Amendment Law
Regis University, B.S., B.A., (2010).
- Missouri (2015)
- Eastern District of Missouri (2017)
- Western District of Missouri (2022)
- Southern District of Illinois (2017)
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: (314) 293-3756
- Fax: (314) 689-0080
Joseph Ott is the leading trial attorney and founding member of Ott Law Firm, which began in 2017. Ott is also the Chief Solutions Architect of Samu Consulting, a programming venture Ott started to develop machine learning and augmented intelligence solutions for legal applications. Ott’s patent pending machine learning algorithm extracts information from legal cases and makes predictions about how to maximize value.
Ott has recovered millions of dollars for deserving clients using an innovative litigation methodology that emphasizes explicit and beneficial decision making. He has litigated cases in state and federal court nationwide and won verdicts in cases for personal injury and workers compensation in addition to under ERISA, the National Banking Act, and numerous state statutes. Prior to starting his own firm, Ott began his litigation career at Burger Law in (2015-16) and later at Brown & Crouppen (2016-17), where he handled a variety of personal injury disputes. From 2019 to 2023, Ott has been selected to Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars.
Ott graduated from University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law in 2013, where he was a moot court semi-finalist lecturer on First Amendment Law. During law school he served as a summer extern for Mid-Missouri Legal Services in (2012) and as research assistant (2012-13), where he conducted thorough legal analysis on issues pertaining to free speech.
His wife Kadriya works as a secretary at Ott Law Firm. During his spare time, he is producing his own music and learning to speak Russian.
- Laid to Rust: Proposing Strict Liability in Tort for Prop Firearm Injuries Following the Alec Baldwin Shooting, 7 Nev. L.J. Forum 76 (2023).
- Medical Malpractice Suit Filed Against Aviary Recovery Center, Summit BHC Saint Louis, St. Louis Rec. (Sept. 4, 2018).
- Co-Founder, Missouri Free Speech Launch Meeting at Schlafly Library (June 1, 2023).
- Media Law Spring Committee Meeting – The Impact of CDA Section 230 on E-Commerce CLE, Mo. Bar (May 15, 2023) (on file with author).
- Solo and Small Firm Section Chair-Elect, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (2023-2024).
- American Association for Justice (2017-Current)
- Member, National Lawyers Guild (2015-Current)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (2015-Current)