Over the past year, Missouri has seen a sharp increase in the number of accidents involving tourists. In 2021, there have been a total of 3,752 accidents involving tourists, which is an increase of 24% from the previous year. The majority of these accidents have occurred in the city of St. Louis, where 2,812 accidents have been reported.
This represents an increase of 28% from the previous year. The other major tourist destinations in Missouri, such as Kansas City and Branson, have also seen increases in the number of accidents. Kansas City has seen a total of 1,023 accidents involving tourists, which is an increase of 20% from 2020. Branson has seen a total of 517 accidents, which is an increase of 15% from 2020.
The increase in accidents is believed to be due to the increased number of people travelling to Missouri for vacations and other leisure activities. With more people on the roads, the chances of accidents occurring are also increased. Missouri authorities are urging all drivers to be cautious and drive safely to help prevent these accidents from happening.
Safety Tips for Missouri Visitors
You never know when disaster can strike, but it’s important to take precautions. From a slip and fall in your hotel lobby or neck injury after getting struck by another vehicle while driving- these are all preventable accidents that could have been avoided with just some worriedity on behalf of you as well as others around!
Your Personal Safety
Missouri is a beautiful state, but it’s important to be aware of the potential dangers when visiting. Here are some personal safety tips to keep in mind:
• Be aware of your surroundings. If you feel like you’re being followed, go to a busy, well-lit area. Trust your instincts – if something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
• Keep your belongings close to you. Pickpockets and thieves are always on the lookout for easy targets. Don’t make yourself one!
• Be careful when using ATMs and don’t disclose your PIN to anyone. ATM robberies are not uncommon, so it’s best to be cautious.
• If you’re driving, don’t pick up hitchhikers. It’s simply not worth the risk.
Missouri Roadway Safety
As the Missouri Department of Transportation notes, there are a number of things drivers can do to stay safe on the state’s roadways. One of the most important is to always buckle up, regardless of how short the trip may be. In addition, drivers should never get behind the wheel if they are impaired by alcohol or drugs. It is also important to pay attention to the road and avoid distracted driving. This means putting away cell phones and other electronic devices while driving. Drivers should also be aware of changing weather conditions and plan accordingly. Finally, it is always a good idea to have an emergency kit in the car in case of breakdowns or other unexpected problems.
-Slow down and allow for extra stopping time when visibility is reduced.
-Be aware of potential ice patches, especially on bridges and overpasses.
-Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles, as sudden braking can lead to accidents.
-Avoid driving through standing water, as it can be difficult to tell how deep it is.
Outdoor Missouri Safety Tips
Missouri is a beautiful state with plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. However, it’s important to keep safety in mind when venturing into the great outdoors. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe while enjoying everything Missouri has to offer:
• Be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention to your surroundings and be on the lookout for hazards. This includes things like slippery rocks, steep drop-offs, and wildlife.
• Wear appropriate clothing. Make sure you wear clothes that are appropriate for the activity you’re doing and the weather conditions. This includes closed-toe shoes, sunscreen, and hats.
• Stay hydrated. It’s important to stay hydrated when spending time outdoors, especially in hot weather. Carry plenty of water with you and take breaks often to drink.
• Don’t touch wild animals. It may be tempting to pet a cute animal you see on a hike, but it’s important to resist the urge. Many animals can carry diseases or be aggressive, so it’s best to admire them from a distance.
What to do if you have been in a tourist accident in St Louis, MO
If you’ve been injured while vacationing in St. Louis, you may be wondering what your next steps should be. Do you have a case? How do you find a good attorney? Who will pay for your medical bills?
What is a tourist accident?
A tourist accident is any type of accident or injury that occurs while you are visiting St. Louis from out of state or country. Tourist accidents can occur at popular tourist destinations, on public transportation, or even in your hotel room. If you’ve been injured in any type of accident while vacationing in St. Louis, you may have a claim for damages under Missouri law.
Common Types of Tourist Accidents
The most common types of tourist accidents include slips and falls, motor vehicle accidents, and crimes against tourists.
Slip and fall accidents commonly occur at hotels, shopping malls, restaurants, and other public places where property owners are responsible for maintaining safe conditions. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident while vacationing in St Louis, you may be able to recover damages from the property owner.
Car accidents are also common among tourists visiting new places. If you’ve been injured in a car accident while vacationing in St Louis—whether as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian—you may have a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Missouri is a fault state when it comes to car accidents, which means that drivers who cause accidents are financially responsible for the resulting damages.
Lastly, crimes against tourists are unfortunately not uncommon in large cities like St Louis. If you’ve been the victim of a crime while vacationing here—such as robbery, assault, or sexual assault—you may be able to file a lawsuit against the perpetrator and/or the property owner where the crime occurred if they failed to provide adequate security.
Choosing the Right Tourist Injury Lawyer
Choosing an attorney to represent you after a tourist accident can be tricky—especially if you don’t live in Missouri and are not familiar with the local legal landscape. Here are some tips to help you choose the right attorney to handle your case:
• Get referrals from trusted friends or family members who have lived in Missouri for awhile or who have recently used an attorney themselves;
• Check online directories such as FindLaw or Super Lawyers;
• Read online reviews from past clients; and/or
• Contact the Missouri Bar Association for guidance on choosing an attorney who is licensed to practice law in Missouri and has experience handling tourist accident cases like yours
If You Need Help After Your Tourist Accident, Contact Our Experienced Attorneys Today At Ott Law Firm, we have extensive experience handling all types of tourist accident cases throughout Missouri—from slips and falls at hotels to car accidents on I-70. We know how to navigate the complex laws governing these cases and will fight tirelessly on your behalf to get you the compensation you need and deserve.